Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer Abundance...

I don't garden. Long ago I learned that I hate picking weeds, I hate finding bugs that are buried in the ground, and I hate having to remember to water the garden. And every living thing we've tried to plant has died, with the exception of our fruit trees. Now just because I don't garden doesn't mean I don't enjoy what comes from other peoples gardens or large farms (whatever the case might be). They do the hard work, and I enjoy the fruits of their labors...and when I feel ambitious I even store some away for a rainy day.

Thus far my summer storage has included:


18 pints of Mount Rainier Cherries

30 pints of Dill Pickles

17 quarts of Nectarines

8 pints of freezer Strawberry Jam


can't wait to see what the end of summer brings.

5 comments:

stacy said...

you are so awesome!!!! i wish i was that ambitious. :) GO YOU!!!

renhallows said...

are you doing bountiful baskets? I am jealous that you have gotten so much done...I am only sitting on the couch waiting for this little dude to hatch.
miss you guys.

Angela said...

Wow!!!! I am impressed!!!! You go girl!!! I didn't even know that you knew how to do that stuff. Mabye you could teach me!!??!!

Ali said...

Hey Becky, good seeing you today. You're right, I checked my blog list and didn't see you anywhere. Send me an e-mail to alitaylorbloginvite@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invite.

Take care,
Ali T.

Gaylene said...

Why am I not surprised? You are the chief of just about every talent and activity there is. GREAT WORK CANNING. Call me next time and I will come and help. It's much funner and faster with help.