Our ward has a tradition that every mothers day weekend the fathers and sons do their campout. John really talked up the overnight to get Caleb prepared. Caleb was so excited to go off into the mountains with his dad and his friends from church. I was a little worried that
a: Caleb would cry all night because he was scared of sleeping in a tent,
and b: that John would lose Caleb
and c: that Caleb would get hurt playing with large sticks and open camp fires :)
To get ready for the campout I took Caleb with me to our favorite box store. I needed to find a small tent for the two of them to sleep in. Now we had a tent, it was actually John's from when he was a scout, and suffice it to say, I didn't want it to collapse on my boys since most of the poles were being held together with very little duct tape. We went down the camping aisle and Caleb pointed out to me that he just had to have a Lightning McQueen sleeping back. And what is a mom to do when her first born son is about to head off to the wilderness? He has to be prepared. In to the cart goes the bag. Caleb says, "sleeping bag -- check, tent -- check, marshmellows -- check. Mom I'm ready to go to camping now."
I was much relieved to find out that none of the above three fears came to place. Caleb and John had a great time, and now Caleb keeps telling me that we need to go camping in the mountains with our whole family.
No comments:
Post a Comment