Saturday, February 23, 2008

Feeling crafty.


So I had decided a while ago that I needed to do something just for me. I've been going to the gym 3-4 days a week at night once John gets home. But I wanted to do something else too. So I looked in the recreation guide to see what kind of adult classes they offered that I might be interested in. I narrowed it down between basketry weaving and jewelry making. I went for the jewelry this time around. It was some basic beading instruction that come to find out I already had learned from Tanisha but it was still fun to get out for a few hours with out kids and do something for me!Well later the next week we're getting ready for the Blue and Gold banquet. Our theme this year was Western and I thought it would be really cute to make some holster place mats to go on the tables. 130 Holsters later...and whala! They turned out so well I think. Cub Scouts has really made me so much more creative with planning activities for the boys. I have really enjoyed serving in this calling.

4 comments:

Ali said...

The holster placemats were so totally cute B, thanks so much for taking the time to make them!

Gardner Family said...

I'm glad you made the jewelry and enjoyed it. You are a girl mom and now you can use those skills.
I loved the holsters and it was hard not to take the credit for them when people asked. I tried to save most of them and have them at my house. Thank you for all you hard work on them!

Dennison Family said...

Wow! Those holster placemats are really cute! Looks like they took a lot of time to make them! Great job! Also, good for you for doing the jewelry class!!

Kristin said...

good for you! I'm proud of you for doing something for you. They look great.