Sunday, October 7, 2007

Trees in Arizona part 2...

Okay, so as promised there really are trees in Arizona. As were driving around, Caleb would keep pointing out all the trees around us. Poor kid, I guess we'll have to travel more so that he doesn't think the whole world is made of rocks, dirt, and cactus. He really loved it when we would see a grove of trees with leaves that were changing to yellow, and orange. It may not be a New England, or a MidWest fall, but we will take what we can get.
Tessa wasn't sure about the whole golf thing, but she loved being outside. I think we were interrupted three times for mini thunderstorms and showers. We ran into and out of shelter until we finally were able to play the whole game. I beat John 53 to 54! He says I cheated on a few holes, but he's the one who stole my putter, besides being score keeper has its advantages, right?
One of the fun things that we got to do as a family was play mini golf. Another first experience for mister Caleb. He loved it! We kept trying to teach him how to do it, but his response, "No, I do it by myself". Particularly funny when he would drop the ball right next to the hole and then putt it in.

I just had to put this pic in. This is after one of the many rain bursts, but the scenery really reminds me of my hiking days back in good ole' WI.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

So beautiful!!!

Sarah said...

That is so pretty. Goody golf...have not done that is years. I bet the kids would like to though.

Dennison Family said...

Cute blog! I hope you don't mind that I found it! Can I link mine with yours?? Thanks!