Not quite 3 months ago, January 5 to be exact, I made it a goal to train for and run a half marathon. The longest distance that I have ever previously raced was a 10k (6.2 miles). I found a great training plan online and diligently started to put in the mileage necessary to get me to my end goal. Today was that goal deadline! It was a beautiful morning and I had my own support team with me.

Here they are doing some practice sprints while I am out on my course.

Not to be outdone by the older two, even Trent loves to run.

After my race was over, Tessa ran the quarter mile kids race and Caleb ran the half mile kids race. They loved the medals they earned.

Here I am right before the start.

13.1 miles, 2 hours and 17 minutes and 52 seconds later. Caleb jumped out on the course at the last quarter mile to help run me in. Tessa jumped out with about 50 yards to go to help me too.
Now for a few weeks rest before I start training for half #2.
5 comments:
So awesome Becky! Good Job!
i'm so proud of you and i can't get over how amazing you look!
Congrats to you Becky!!! That is so wonderful! Its a major deal in my mind...good JOB!
Becky you are my hero, that is SO awesome! Good Job!!! You look amazing!
Ok first of all YEAH!!!! a new post!!!!! Secons of all CONGRATS!!! You have worked very hard enjoy the sweet smell of victory.
Post a Comment